At long last, word has come from Activision and Bungie today that Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below will be available for download on December 9th. This release marks the first expansion to the Destiny universe since its record-breaking launch in September and will feature all-new weapons and gear to earn through new story, co-operative and multiplayer activities.
“Destiny was created as a living universe, which has allowed us to improve the experience post launch in real-time,” says Harold Ryan, President of Bungie. “It also gives us insight into the things players are looking for in new content. We’ve seen from feedback that people want new activities, gear and weapons and of course the immensely popular Raid. The community helps shape our development decisions and that’s really important to us.”
Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below will include:
– New weapons, armour and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
– Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
– New story quests and missions – after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
– New co-operative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
– Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
- Pantheon – set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock – an old interplanetary defense array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
- The Cauldron – an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
– New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
– PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive co-operative Strike, The Undying Mind and an exotic weapon, and more (timed exclusive until at least Autumn 2015)
Players can purchase The Dark Below individually ($19.99), or as part of the Destiny Expansion Pass ($34.99), which includes both Expansion I and Expansion II, on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
For more information on this expansion and the main game in general, visit www.DestinyTheGame.com and/or follow the official Destiny social channels at www.facebook.com/DestinyTheGame and @DestinyTheGame on Twitter.