Stardock and Kalypso Media have announced today that The Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – Ultimate Edition is out now on PC for the UK, France, Italy, Spain and many other European countries. This ultimate edition is special because it bundles the main Sins: Rebellion game with the highly praised ‘Forbidden Worlds’ and ‘Stellar Phenomena’ DLC as well as a printed manual and soundtrack CD to create the ultimate Sins experience. Fans of space sims can join either the Rebels or Loyalists and begin their ultimate conquest of the galaxy.
Sins: Rebellion – Ultimate Edition combines the tactics of real-time strategy with the depth of the 4X genre (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate). Create a galactic empire, master culture and trade, prove diplomatic skills, explore new technologies, expand into uncharted space and command powerful space fleets to conquer your enemies. Having all of this influence and power at your fingertips allows you to take the battle for galactic supremacy to its ultimate level.
Sins: Rebellion – Ultimate Edition features:
- Six Factions: Decide whether to play as a Loyalist or Rebel – each faction unlocks new technologies, ships and play styles for each race.
- More Planets: Colonize and exploit four new planet types (Barren, Ferrus, Greenhouse, Oceanic), each created with beautiful high-res textures.
- New stars: Skirt the boundary of a deadly black hole, avoid the lethal radiation of a spinning pulsar, and survive the crushing gravity of an impossibly dense neutron star.
- Planet Specialization System: Dedicate your worlds to either social or industrial output.
- 6 new deep space anomalies: Mine the riches in the wreckage of a devastating fleet battle or recharge at an inexplicable fountain of antimatter tearing apart the fabric of space-time.
- 11 dramatic random events: Stars launch volatile gases that shut down orbital operations, mobile storms wreak havoc across the solar system, and conquered factions sense your weakness and seek to reclaim their worlds.
- New Titan and Corvette Class Warships: Mighty Titans and small versatile corvettes enter the fray of the war to tip the scales of power.
- Updated Capital Ships: All existing capital ships have been updated with four new ability levels.
- Additional Planet Bonuses: Discover more than 40 new planet bonuses during your exploration of the galaxy, unlocking the dark past of the Sins’ universe.
- Great Visuals: Updated graphics, particle effects, lighting and shadows, race specific UI and other enhancements make the Sins universe look better than ever.
- Various Victory Conditions: Take multiple paths to victory including Military, Diplomacy, Research, Last Flagship Standing, Last Capital Standing and Occupation.
- Tutorials: New and updated tutorials make it easy for both experienced and new players to quickly start building their own solar empire.
While the Sins: Rebellion – Ultimate Edition is not available in the States at the moment, you can still purchase the contents of this bundle on Steam for around $27.50 until June 22 when the Steam Summer Sale comes to an end. Otherwise, you are looking at about $55 for the main game and DLC after the sale ends. Hopefully at some point, this awesome bundle will be offered here. Stay tuned to TVGB for further updates on when this will become available.