Take-Two Interactive Software, 2K Games and Firaxis Games have partnered up once again to produce more awesome content for XCOM 2. Entitled XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, this expansion will greatly expand upon the XCOM 2 campaign and will follow ADVENT as it attempts to recapture the Commander by deploying a deadly new enemy force called the “Chosen.”
To aid XCOM in its fight to liberate Earth, players will have access to three new resistance factions, each with their own Hero class. Surprising enough, the expansion will also include other new enemies, missions, environments and increased depth of strategic gameplay.
“Firaxis continues to redefine the award-winning XCOM franchise with XCOM 2: War of the Chosen,” said Matt Gorman, VP of Marketing at 2K. “XCOM 2 fans are going to love the all-new narrative and features, enhancing the XCOM experience and providing endless reasons to re-play through the campaign.”
“We’re thrilled to offer our fans an unprecedented amount of cool new toys and features in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, challenging and empowering players in exciting new ways never seen before in the franchise,” added Jake Solomon, creative director of XCOM 2 at Firaxis Games.
Key features for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen include:
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class
- The Chosen: A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations
- New Alien and Advent Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bio-weapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard
XCOM 2 is currently available on PS4, Xbox One and PC. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen will be available on August 29, 2017 on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC.