Game developer Daybreak Games is kicking off its Elite Series at DreamHack Atlanta this weekend with two exhilarating H1Z1: King of the Kill tournaments, one for five-player teams and one for solo players, with a combined prize pool of a whopping $250K.
These tournaments will mark the first stop in Daybreak’s Elite Series, H1Z1’s global esports circuit, and is expected to be the largest esports event at DreamHack Atlanta in terms of both participants and prizing.
Two tournaments will be broadcast live from the show floor and will be broken down as follows:
- Twenty-four (24) teams of five will compete in the qualifiers, including premier organizations like Echo Fox,Team Kaliber, Panda Gaming, Noble, Epsilon, and SoaR Gaming.
- The top seven teams from the qualifiers will join top finishers from Fight for the Crown (Counter Logic Gaming,Obey Alliance, Denial Esports, World Best Gaming, and Luminosity Gaming) in the finals to compete for their share of $150,000.
- A pure free-for-all for individuals, beginning with 120 rivals in solo qualifiers battling it out for their spot in the finals.
- The 40 best-performing players will join the 20 pre-selected individuals in the solo tournament finals to fight for their share of $100,000.
- Participants hail from more than 13 countries, including the United States, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Belgium, Sweden, Korea, Japan, Turkey, Brazil, Norway, and Australia.
The activities will get underway Friday July 21 and will conclude on Sunday July 23. The tournaments will be broadcast live via Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/H1Z1KotK if you can’t make it out or don’t happen to live in the ATL.
The Elite Series is a new esports circuit focused on bringing together the world’s top-performing players of the single-elimination, massive arena shooter H1Z1. It will feature tournaments in the North American, European, APAC (Asia-Pacific) and LATAM (Latin America) regions.
If for some reason you have not heard about H1Z1 by now, let me fill you in. H1Z1 is a single-elimination, massive arena shooter that pits 150 battle-hardened players against each other in a robust and detailed world. Players scavenge for weapons, ammo, armor, vehicles and life-saving supplies to gain the upper hand on the competition and be the last one standing.