The NPD Group’s North American sales numbers for the month of June are in, and there’s no slowing down Red Dead Redemption on the software end.
The Rockstar westerner remains the best-selling title for the second month in a row with its Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions taking the first and third spots, respectively, and none other than Super Mario Galaxy 2 tucked in between.
Red Dead sold a total of 960k copies across both versions, while the Wii platformer came just shy of 550k.
Looking at the hardware, the new Xbox 360 model (451,7k), as expected — announced and released halfway through the month — handily outsold the PS3 (304,8k) and even slid in front of the Wii (422,5k) by roughly 30,000 units. The DS (510k) remains the biggest seller of them all however.
Full breakdown follows.
1. Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360), 582,900
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), 548,400
3. Red Dead Redemption (PS3), 380,300
4. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii), 200,900
5. Just Dance (Wii), 174,800
6. Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
7. Toy Story 3 (NDS)
8. UFC 2010: Undisputed (Xbox 360)
9. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Wii)
10. UFC 2010: Undisputed (PS3)
Xbox 360: 451,700
PlayStation 3: 304,800
Nintendo DS: 510,700