Saber Interactive is lacing up its sneak’s and is taking it to the hoop on arcade basketball fans with its release of NBA Playgrounds. Scheduled to grace the PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC on May 9th, 2017 as a digital-only release for $19.99, this game is set to have you tearing up the court for hours and hours this summer.
If you miss playing fast-paced, arcade sports games like I do, then you have to be excited that classic NBA arcade action is back. Grab your sneaks and ball and head down to the court to face-off against the best in high-flying 2-on-2 basketball action. Play as NBA superstars and legends from the past, including Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Steph Curry and Shaquille O’Neal.
NBA Playgrounds will feature:
- Up your Game! A fun progression system to unlock real NBA players as you uncover new moves for each player and upgrade their experience.
- Tournaments and Online Play. Play solo, with friends in local and online multiplayer, or against the world in online tournaments.
- Lottery Pick System. The lottery pick system introduces a new twist to the game by rewarding great play with unique rewards.
- Massive Roster of NBA Superstars. Current and retired ballers from all the official NBA teams will be available at launch. Hundreds more NBA superstars will be added post-launch.
- Over-the-top Moves. Timing is key, whether you’re shooting 3-pointers, pulling off major dunks, showing off your finger-roll game, or defying analytics and winning with long 2-pointers.
I’m really hoping that this game turns out to be just as entertaining and fun as the NBA Jam and NBA Street franchises were. Are you planning on downloading this one when it launches? Let us know in the comments below.