- Best PC Gaming Chairs Under $100
- Best Gaming Chairs Under $100: Others We Considered
- Best Cheap Gaming Chair Under $50
- Best Gaming Chairs Under $100: Factors to Consider
- In Closing
This post was last updated on: September 1, 2021
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Welcome to our guide on the best gaming chair under $100. If you’re looking for reviews on the cheapest gaming chairs out there, you’ve come to the right place.
This guide is based on over 80 hours of research on more than 50 gaming chairs. We didn’t look at or include any other types of chairs other than ones specifically designed for gaming. We spent countless hours on Amazon, Ikea, Walmart, and Wayfair poring over product specifications and details. Combined, our team has over 30 years of gaming experience in building gaming setups.
The gaming chairs on this list are by far the best you’ll find under $100.
We’re talking as in it’s not even close.
Trust us, you do not want to waste your hard earned dollars by buying the wrong gaming chair. It’s so much better to get it right the first time and not throw money down the drain.
In this review, we’ll go over:
- The best gaming chair under $100 for comfort and support
- Common pitfalls to avoid
- The one mistake we made that wasted $100 of our budget
- A terrifying experience with the recline function
However, the biggest takeaway we want you to keep in mind is that this article is ONLY for those of you who have a strict budget of $100 or less. If you can afford to scrape up even an additional $25-$50, we strongly recommend you look at our other two related guides on cheap gaming chairs.
TL;DR These are the 5 best gaming chairs under $100 you can buy:
- BestOffice Massage Gaming Chair
- AuAg Ergonomic Gaming Chair
- GTRanger High Back Racing Style Gaming Chair
- Furious Heavy Duty Gaming Chair
- BestOffice PC Ergonomic Gaming Chair
Best PC Gaming Chairs Under $100
Before we even start, let’s talk about the single most important thing to consider when buying a cheap PC gaming chair: the warranty. Look, there are going to be lemons, and budget gaming chairs tend to have more of those than the higher end ones do.
We understand that if you’re trying to buy a gaming chair that’s under $100, money is damn precious to you, and we don’t want to waste a single penny of that.
So unless you love to play Russian Roulette, don’t make the mistake we did and buy something that isn’t covered by a warranty.
#1 BestOffice Massage Gaming Chair (Treat Yo Self)
- ❤Easy to install - Gaming chair super easy to put together. It took maybe 10-15minutes, this office chair came with all the tools necessary.
- ❤Soft and Comfort - Comfortable long use! The ergonomic racing chair is covered with breathable high-quality PU leather to ensure long-term competition or work without discomfort.
- ❤Good lumbar support - Office chair designed with human-oriented ergonomic construction for providing comfort sitting experience. Under the chair, a tilt-tension knob makes it easier or harder to...
The BestOffice massage gaming chair is by far and away the best PC gaming chair under $100, and it’s not even a close call.
You get a lot of the features you’d expect from a high-end gaming chair, all for less than $100. It’s the perfect gaming chair for a gamer on a budget who still wants comfort, but doesn’t want to live on cup noodles for a month.
Here’s why it’s our #1 pick…
It’s comfortable, and has lasted (so far). The seat cushion is thick, which is perfect for those long hours of gaming, and the lumbar support is similar to other BestOffice chairs we’ve reviewed, which fits just right.
Keep in mind that this is a new release from BestOffice, but so far, so good. The chair also comes with a warranty, so if something should happen, you know you’re covered.
Our favorite feature: the lumbar massage for back pain
OK, so it’s a little noisy, but we never, in our wildest dreams, thought we’d be able to get a chair with a vibrating lumbar massage option on it for under $100. Talk about raising the bar.
We also liked the fact that the chair uses a blend of high quality PU leather and mesh. The PU leather is easy to clean, and the mesh material near the seat and back area helps provide air flow to keep you cool. We like chairs that use all PU or bonded leather, but sometimes that can get pretty hot. Leather can also squeak when you move around in it, and the mesh fabric really helps to cut down on that.
Setup was really easy, except for putting the wheels on. You might have to use a soft mallet to get them in snug. The overall weight capacity is 250 pounds.
- Solid, comfortable gaming chair
- Unbeatable value for the price
- Covered by a warranty
- Premium PU leather
- Ergonomic design
- 360 degree swivel
- Adjustable height
- Easy to assemble
- Weight capacity of only 250 lbs
Insane value. By far the best overall gaming chair on this list, especially given the price. Factor in the lumbar massage, and you just can’t beat it.Check Price
#2 AuAg Ergonomic Gaming Chair
The AuAg is another awesome candidate for the best gaming chair for under $100. It sports a few key differences from the BestOffice, such as a max recline angle of 170 degrees and a spiffy design. You could easily use the AuAg as an office chair in a business setting and no one would think it strange.
If you want something that looks professional and clean, then we’d recommend the AuAg over the BestOffice.
What else did we like about the AuAg gaming chair?
First and foremost, it comes with a 1 year warranty that covers damage and missing parts.
Second, the mesh back is super breathable. If you don’t have A/C, or live somewhere that’s hot and humid, we strongly recommend this chair, as the back has really great airflow.
Third, the max tilt is 170 degrees, which allows you to lay almost completely flat! The chair also supports up to 300 lbs.
Last, if you’re someone who has a difficult time putting furniture together (insert IKEA assembly instructions meme here), then the AuAg was made for you. It has the absolute simplest assembly out of all the gaming chairs we looked at.
- Max recline is awesome – you can almost lay flat!
- Super breathable back
- Heavy duty steel frame
- 1 year warranty
- Ergonomic design
- 360 degree swivel
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Adjustable height
- Super easy to assemble
- The padded headrest is a little funky and takes some getting used to
The AuAg is perfect for gamers who want something comfortable and breathable with more of a professional “office chair” look.Check Price
#3 GTRanger High Back Racing Style Gaming Chair
- [With adjustment function]- Turn the second handle that under the seat up,you can easily adjust the tilt of backrest from 90 to 155 degrees. In addition, by Pulling the button on the armrest with both...
- [Superior material]- The gaming chair has a variety of materials design, breathable fabric material, mysterious carbon fiber leather. Suitable for most people's needs
- [Sturdy and Durable Base]- The latest model of the base is made of metal, which makes it stronger and more durable. So the chair can easily withstand 260 LBS. And the omni-directional wheels on it...
Close your eyes and imagine a gaming chair.
If you did this, chances are you imagined something that looked just like the GTRanger.
The GTRanger is a racing style high back gaming chair that looks JUST LIKE other higher end gaming chairs. The ONLY reason why this is third on our list is because of the price – it’s still under $100, but the previous two options were even cheaper.
If you want a true gaming chair through and through that comes with a ton of adjustable options, get the GTRanger.
First, it comes with a 1 year warranty. You know that’s the first thing we look for.
Second, it has the ergonomic high back racing style bucket seat that’s synonymous with gaming chairs. The high back provides additional support for your shoulders, upper back, and neck, and helps you to sit with proper posture.
Third, you can adjust the height of the seat AND the armrests. This is almost a standard when it comes to more expensive gaming chairs, and the GTRanger checks off that requirement nicely.
Fourth, the headrest pillow and lumbar cushion are adjustable and can be removed if needed. The chair comes with thick padding on the seat for maximum comfort.
- Adjustable lumbar support
- Adjustable armrests
- Removable headrest pillow
- 360 degree swivel
- 1 year warranty
- Lumbar cushion for back support
- Steel frame
- High quality PU leather
- Adjustable height
- Weight capacity of only 260 lbs
- Assembly instructions are terrible
The GTRanger is the perfect buy if the overall gaming chair aesthetic is the most important factor to you.Check Price
#4 Furious Heavy Duty Gaming Chair
- EXCELLENT COMFORT：Furious compute chair using high density sponge seat cushion and soft foam backrest covered with breathable mesh fabric which has good elasticity. Wider and Larger size...
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN：With curved mid backrest,featuring reliable ergonomic lumbar support, Perfectly support your spine's natural curve, pushing up and holding your back,Ease pressure & pain on back for...
- STURDY AND RELIABLE：Durable 5 star metal base for superior stability.Solid rolling casters and 120 ML Gas cylinder which has SGS-Certified. 360°rolling caster which’s tested by 10000...
The Furious is one of the best gaming chairs under $100 you can get if you’re a heavier-set gamer. If you’re on a tight budget and need something that’s got comfort, cushioning, and can support a lot of weight, the Furious mid back gaming chair has your name all over it.
It has a heavy duty steel base, and an extra wide seat width of 20.47″, to give you that extra wiggle room should you need it, and the pneumatic commercial class 3 gas lift is SGS/BIMFA certified. The seat cushion is a breathable soft foam, and the backrest is contoured to match the curvature of your spine and provide additional back support.
The gaming chair also features a full 360 degree swivel, allowing you lots of mobility when seated, and rolls smoothly and quietly.
In short, the Furious is a great gaming chair that will keep you comfortable even when seated for a long time.
- Weight capacity of 350 lbs!
- Swivels 360 degrees
- SBS BIMFA Class 3 gas lift
- Height adjustable
- We’d love some support on the armrest
#5 BestOffice PC Ergonomic Gaming Chair
- BUILT FOR COMFORT - Wider than the average desk chair, and easily adjusted for height, the locking mechanism keeps the back upright and relieves the stress and pain brought on by other office chairs.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Designed with human-oriented ergonomic construction, users have full mobility whether you’re gaming, working on the computer, or holding a board meeting in the office.
- BIFIMA QUALITY-CERTIFIED - Our chairs pass all components of the BIFIMA certification, and are a reliable and sturdy option for users weighing up to 250 pounds.
In our opinion, BestOffice commands significant market share over the cheap gaming chair niche. They just have a ton of solid options at really reasonable prices, and that’s hard to overlook.
This particular budget gaming chair is also made with a mixture of PU leather and a breathable material. You can adjust the height of the chair, and it’s easy to recline in. We also loved that the armrests had padding.
The caster wheels roll smoothly, and the chair has a full 360 degree swivel, allowing for easy movement. The backrest is ergonomically curved, and there’s ample padding for lumbar support.
Furthermore, there are 5 colors to choose from!
In closing, the BestOffice gaming chair crosses off a lot of our requirements and is still at an unbeatable price.
- Product is covered for 90 days with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- 360 degree swivel
- BIMFA certified gas lift
- Weight limit of 250 pounds
Best Gaming Chairs Under $100: Others We Considered
These are some of the other gaming chairs under $100 we looked at, but just didn’t make the top 5 cut. We included brief blurbs on a few of them just in case you wanted to peruse some other options. These are all great – they just didn’t stand out as much as the above gaming chairs.
JUMMICO Gaming Chair
- Selected material: High-quality smooth leather covers the backrest and cushion with thick padding provides extra comfort during your gaming time
- Function: You can rock back and forth by adjusting the knob to get better relaxation at work; Ergonomically curved back can perfectly support your spine
- Comfortable design: Large and wide backrest and seat cushion help promote a comfortable seated position and provide a better experience when you enjoy intense gaming time
The JUMMICO is one of those gaming chairs under $100 that kind of flies under the radar. There isn’t much buzz about it, but it’s actually pretty decent and has a really low price.
The chair is made with PU leather and breathable fabric, which should last a long time. It supports up to 300 lbs, and while doesn’t have a recline function, it does rock back and forth. There’s extra padding for back support, and the seat cushion is pretty thick.
The White and Black color option tends to be the cheapest, and is also the most subtle design-wise, but they’re all priced very reasonably.
- Free exchange for damaged or missing parts
- Weight limit of 300 pounds
- Height adjustable but could have a larger range – it only goes up or down about an inch
- Says high back, but it’s more of a mid back gaming chair
KaiMeng Office Gaming Chair
- KaiMeng gaming chairs designed for teens, adults, providing a comfortable experience for your work, study or video game.
- Chair using upgraded SGS BIFMA gas lift, durable, reliable.
- Unique ergonomic design with high quality PU leather high back and padded armrests, comfortable touch, perfect for your life.
The KaiMeng isn’t a chair that’s mentioned much elsewhere, but it’s a decent budget gaming chair with a good number of color options. The chair itself is a combination of PU leather and mesh fabric, allowing for a sleek look and breathable back so you won’t get too hot.
The seat padding is thick, and there’s good support for the lower back area. This is key if you suffer from back pain, or plan on sitting in the chair for long periods of time. The armrests are also padded, which we like. A lot of gaming chair companies neglect the armrests for some reason.
Overall, it’s a pretty good bang for your buck gaming chair.
- Good option for the price
- Weight capacity: 280 lbs
Homall Gaming Chair with Flip Up Padded Arms
- Ergonomic and Fashion: Ergonomic gaming chair with wide seat and thick backrest suit for most people, and the new style design of three kinds of color combined improves aesthetics
- Comfortable Armrest: Flip up padded armrests are designed to eliminate your fatigue in your arms when you have been typing on the computer for hours. It can also save space for you
- Wide Application: This chair can be used as a racing style gaming chair, an office executive swivel chair and a computer desk chair, suitable for working, gaming, studying use or taking a quick nap
You probably recognize the Homall gaming brand if you’ve been shopping around for gaming chairs – they’re one of the more well-known companies out there.
This particular model is well under $100 and could be a decent alternative to our picks in a pinch.
The key takeaway we like is the padded armrests that can flip up. While they aren’t height adjustable, the flip up feature is pretty neat, especially if you have wider hips. or if you enjoy sitting cross-legged while gaming. None of the other models we looked at have this feature.
The chair itself features an ergonomic design, with additional padding for lower back support, and thick padding on the seat – all covered in premium PU leather material, which is easy to clean
Another nice touch is that this gaming chair reclines all the way down to 180 degrees. In other words, you can lay completely flat on it.
- 180 degree max recline
- PU leather
- Weight support up to 280 lbs.
- Color options are somewhat lacking
Homall Gaming Chair Review
Furmax Office Gaming Chair
- High back office and gaming chair, leather and bucket seat with padded armrests
- 5 star base with 360 degree swivel wheels,Running smoothly on floor;3 inches thick padded seat and 2 inches backrest for comfortable seating
- Pneumatic seat-height adjustment: 15.2"-18.3", Seating area dimension: 19.8"X19.8" , Back rest size: 19.8"X26.5", maximum capacity: 280lbs
The Furmax is one of the most popular gaming chairs out there. It’s cheap, it’s decent, and it will get you through those long hours of intense gaming and or work.
The high back supports your neck and shoulders, and the high quality wear resistant PU leather and mesh combination provide amazing comfort and breathability. The seat padding is pretty thick at 3 inches, and the rocking function also allows you to rock back and forth, which can be relaxing.
- PU leather and mesh combination
- Assembly instructions are confusing
bonVIVO Easy III Padded Portable Gaming Chair
- Multipurpose: These floor chairs for adults and kids are great for outdoor camping, lounging around the home, yoga, and more.
- Comfy: Use our floor seating as a meditation chair or gaming chair - either way, your sit bones will be pleased.
- Adjustable: These floor chairs with back support for adults can be reclined and provide stability.
The bonVIVO is the cheapest gaming chair on this list. It’s simple, effective, and it gets the job done. If you need a budget gaming chair you can stow away in a pinch, this is the one for you.
When the bonVIVO is folded flat, it’s super low profile, helping you to save space. It’s super easy to care for and clean, and sits directly on the floor, so if you have a desk, please forego this option.Check Price
Best Cheap Gaming Chair Under $50
We just felt this had to be addressed. If you’re looking for ultra cheap gaming chairs under $50, our recommendation is to hold off and save up just $25 more to get the BestOffice Massage Gaming Chair.
Simply put, there just aren’t any game chairs under $50 that we feel comfortable recommending. We looked at about 10 to 15, and they all had durability issues. If you think you might have a lead on a good option, please let us know!
Best Gaming Chairs Under $100: Factors to Consider
First of all, we strongly recommend you buy a gaming chair that has a minimum of a 90 day warranty. You never know if you’re going to get a lemon, and you want to be covered in case something breaks. And there’s definitely a higher chance of getting a lemon if you’re specifically looking for a budget gaming chair.
Also make sure the manufacturer is willing to send replacement parts to cover things that get damaged or go missing during shipping.
Second, look at the materials used. Ideally, you want a metal frame, and some sort of leather material used for the exterior of the gaming chair. The best padding is the density shaping foam, but that’s harder to find when looking for the cheapest PC gaming chair.
If the chair comes with a headrest pillow and lumbar support cushion to help ease back pain, that’s like the bonus cherry on the cake. And if it’s an adjustable lumbar support, then you really got the prize. Talk about maximum comfort!
Something else to look for is if it’s the high back racing style design with bucket seat, and if the chair has full 360 degree rotation to add to overall mobility. A good max recline angle is also nice, but not many of the gaming chairs on this list have the full horizontal recline of 180 degrees.
Then, you ideally want a chair that supports at least 300 pounds of weight. We’ve found this to be kind of the sweet spot in terms of overall stability for most gaming chairs. However, if you’re small or really light, then don’t sweat this.
Thank you for reading to the end, and hopefully we gave you some excellent picks and some solid direction on your journey to find a gaming chair under $100. May the gaming chair you choose bring you years of comfort, joy, and wins.