How To Get To Roundtable Hold in Elden Ring
This post was last updated on June 1, 2023
It’s no secret that Elden Ring is a deadly game with few locations for respite. Thankfully, like in the Dark Souls games’ Firelink Shrine, there is a safe hub area where you can safely take a breather, improve your equipment, and get access to some of the best spells and equipment in the game.
This central hub is called the Roundtable Hold. Unfortunately, it’s on the actual map, and in order to get access to it, you will have to fulfill a couple of conditions, the most important of which is to accept Melina’s help.
In this guide, we will tell you the hoops you’ll need to jump through to unlock this key location, as well as why it is so important to visit the Roundtable Hold.
The first and arguably most important step is to meet Melina. This will happen at the third site of grace you rest at (NOTE: you need to rest at the site of grace, not just discover it to count) or simply rest at the Gatefront Site of Grace.
When she meets you for the first time, she will offer to act as your maiden to turn rune into strength, an offer you should accept. Melina will then give you the Spectral Steed torrent and disappear when you leave the grace.
How To Get To Roundtable Hold
In order to find Melina again and reach Roundtable Hold, you will need to rest at an overworld (not a cave or mine) site of grace in an area outside of Limgrave (including the Weeping Peninsula).
The way that Elden Ring intends for you to do this is to head to Stormveil Castle, beat Margit, clear the legacy dungeon, and kill the first demigod to arrive in Liurnia. However, in the early game, this is not as easy as it sounds, and it can be beneficial to head to the Roundtable Hold before arriving in Stormveil castle due to the upgrades you can find there.
Here are a couple of the fastest ways to start the second encounter and gain access (without fighting any major bosses):
- Resting at a grace after attempting Margit the Fell Omen, the first major boss in the game.
- Reaching Liurnia of the Lakes via the broken bridge in Stormhill (follow the path on from the Stormhill Shack until you reach the bridge) and bypassing Stormveil castle completely. Once through the narrow path, you’ll come across the Lake-Facing Cliffs site of grace, where you need to rest.
- Reaching Caelid and resting at either the Smoldering church Site of grace or the Sellia under stars grace. The former site of grace can be reached easily on land by heading east. The latter can be reached quickly with the trap chest in the dragon burnt ruins, which will teleport your character to the Sellia crystal tunnel, which is near the by.
- Teleporting to Dragonbarrow using the portal found in the river behind the Third Church of Marika in Limgrave. When you arrive there will be a building behind you. Open the double doors to find the Bestial Sanctum Site of Grace, where you should rest to prompt Melina.
No matter the method you choose to fulfill the condition, Melina will have the same conversation with you, which ultimately leads to her offering to take you to the Roundtable Hold.
What Can You Find In Roundtable Hold?
When you arrive at Roundtable Hold, you will find a large round table with a giant site of grace in the center. This is a working site of grace, and you can use it to level up and do all the other things you can normally do at a site of grace (this might seem obvious, but when Elden Ring first came out, many players did not learn this until they were a significant way through the game).
The first time you enter the Roundtable Hold there will also be various NPCs in the hub, including:
- D, the Undead Hunter – He is sitting beside the table in the first room and is wearing the Twined armor set. He won’t have much to say to you at first but if you have already killed a Tibia Mariner he will offer to sell you incantations as well as tell you where to take the Deathroot you have found.
- Diallos – He is standing beside the archway which leads to a small balcony, he will simply ask have you seen his “loyal servant” for the time being.
- Brother Corhyn – He is standing near the arch way opposite Diallos dressed in similar clothes to the prophet starter set. Corhyn teaches holy incantations and restorative magic for Faith-based casters. He will also take any incitation spell books (such as the assassin’s prayerbook) that you have picked up to teach you.
- Sir Gideon Ofnir – The leader of the Hold. At first he will be pretty dismissive of you but once you kill a demigod he will provide tips on where to find the others.
- Roderika – The first time you can meet Roderika is in Stormhill Shack where she gives you the jellyfish summons. At first all you can do is talk to her, but by following her questline it will unlock the ability to upgrade spirit summons via spirit tuning (Note: You need Ghost and Grave Gloveworts for spirit tuning).
- Smithing Master Hewg – He is one of two blacksmiths in the game where you can get weapon upgrades and get them up to max, but unlike the other one he won’t go away.
- Fia, Deathbed Companion – She is the robed woman in one of the side rooms. She asks if you want to get a hug and if you accept then you’ll get a debuff and the Baldachin’s Blessing item which will increase poise of a set amount of time.
- Ensha – He won’t actually say anything to you but you will get an emote from talking with him (Note: if on your next visit you have found half the Haligtree Medallion he will attack you in the Roundtable Hold).
- Sorcerer Rogier -If you have already tried fighting Margit, Fell Omen, Rogier is the golden summons at the gate to help you. He won’t actually appear in the Hold though until you have cleared Stormveil Castle. He will sell sorceries.
- Enia – A finger crone who is beside the two fingers. She can only be met after defeating your first demigod. She is useful as you can buy the equipment and armor of the bigger bosses from her.
- Twin Maiden Husks – It’s not really an NPC as they are just a point to purchase items from, but they are useful as they will take Bell Bearings to expand their inventory. They are in the Left hall past Enia.
Other Thing Of Note In The Roundtable Hold
Besides the NPCs, there are a few other things to take note of in the hold. The first is the NPC invader, Mad Tongue Alberich, that spawns in the room underneath the balcony once you set foot in it.
Mad Tongue Alberich is a tough fight at low levels and is often the first NPC invader that most players come across in Elden Ring, but there is a way to get the drop on him as the invader spawns in slowly, allowing you to get into a backstab position. Killing him gets you the Taunter’s tongue item.
There are also two imp statue doors that you will need to unlock using stonesword keys. There are two imp statues to unlock, the first hiding a crossbow and the second containing a spell book.
The last thing of note is the drawing table, which will allow you to change your character’s appearance. This is located in the same room as Fia.
How To Get Back To Roundtable Hold
Once you have visited the table once, returning is as easy as opening the map and using fast travel. Simply open the map and either scroll to the left corner of the map to the site of grace called “Table of Lost Grace.” Or alternatively, you can press Y/Triangle to open the fast travel sites of grace menu, then hit X/Square to just head straight to Roundtable Hold.
Your journey to becoming Elden Lord is not going to be an easy one and you are probably going to die a lot. But thankfully the Roundtable Hold will be there to help you gather strength, whether it’s by visiting Smithing Master Hewg with some smithing stones in your pocket or getting information from Sir Gideon Ofnir on where to find your next major boss. Simply make sure you meet up with Melina and visit a grace outside Limgrave.