Updated / New Gears 2 single-player and multiplayer content this summer
Update: Added images from the new content below.
Gears of War 2 will be getting more content this summer, including the rumored single-player content along with new multiplayer maps. Called Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection, the collection will be available only at retail, worldwide on July 28 for $19.99/£14.99/€19.99.
The collection includes all the add-ons released as DLC thus far (Flashback, Combustible, and Snowblind map packs), seven new multiplayer maps which are detailed below, along with a deleted single-player campaign chapter named Road to Ruin where Marcus and Dom return to the Locust Hollow. Interestingly, this chapter can be played in two ways, “guns blazing or in all-new stealth mode.” Gears in stealth? This should be interesting..
- Allfathers Garden: Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
- Memorial: Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.
- Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.
- War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
- Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it’ll be a one-way trip.
- Way Station: Sitting in limbo between death and “processing” are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it’s better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
- Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.
Fans can also expect some catering — an introduction to Road to Ruin from Cliff Bleszinski is included, as well as a custom Xbox LIVE theme, collectible Gears 2 poster and a strategy guide.