Players of the original Rocksmith game may be wondering what exactly can be gained for purchasing the new 2014 edition that will be releasing in October for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Well, the fine people at Ubisoft haven’t forgotten about you and have released a new trailer to emphasize the new perks to the game that seasoned players will find enjoyable.
The emphasis from the game’s creator is that with Rocksmith you are not learning how to play games, but to play music, and they feel with what they’ve added to the game, even older players will find reasons to come back. They’ve completely redesigned the interface, added new songs and brand new features.
Players can now use something called the “Riff Repeater” which allows you to select any part of a song and repeat that section until it is fully mastered. Players can also decide on the starting difficulty level or speed on the fly.
There are also new modes called “Master Mode”, which aims to make playing by memory less difficult, and “Guitarcade”, which has mini-games designed to develop particular guitar skills.
The game will also include these new tracks:
- Muse – Knights of Cydonia
- Alice Cooper – No More Mr. Nice Guy
- Nirvana – Heart Shaped Box
- Aerosmith – Walk This Way
- Alice In Chains – Stone
- Arctic Monkeys – R U Mine?
- Avenged Sevenfold – Bat Country
- Bob Dylan – Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
- Iron Maiden – The Trooper
- Jack White – Sixteen Saltines
- Kiss – Rock And Roll All Nite
- Mastodon – Blood and Thunder
- Oasis – Don’t Look Back In Anger
- Pantera – Cemetary Gates
- Paramore – Now
- R.E.M. – Losing My Religion
- Radiohead – Paranoid Android
- Rise Against – Savior
- Slayer – War Ensemble
- The Kinks – You Really Got Me
- The Rolling Stones – Paint It, Black
- The Shins – For A Fool
- The Smashing Pumpkins – Cherub Rock (with pre-order only)
- The Smashing Pumpkins – The Chimera
- The Who – My Generation
- Weezer – Say It Ain’t So
- White Zombie – Thunder Kiss ‘65
Will these new features entice you to go out and buy the game?