PC’s Medal of Honor patched
EA’s put out a PC patch for its latest shoot-em-up Medal of Honor. It’s just in time for the game’s European launch today.
The patch addresses issues with the DICE-developed multiplayer component only, with most of the fixes gone towards making using the server browser a more hassle-free experience.
The game was released in NA this Tuesday and, according to internal EA data, is already exceeding forecasts and gearing up for an “outstanding holiday.”
Catch the full changelog the patch brings below.
– Fixed a potential crash when using DirectX9 and switching kits/weapons
– When connecting with a non-PunkBuster client to a PunkBuster server, the game would get stuck in “Joining Game…” This has been fixed
– Server browser would sometimes remain blank for 60+ seconds after a full refresh. It should now begin displaying results immediately, under any circumstances
– Server browser supports multiple game servers running on the same host IP
– Server browser bugfixes for “Quick Refresh” operation
– Server browser is less prone to shuffling the order of entries
– Ping reporting in the server browser is more accurate (in a few cases ping values would get assigned to the wrong server)
– Full refresh no longer tracks the first server that arrives in the list
– When trying to join a full server, an error message is now displayed informing the user that the server is full
– Imported anti-cheat functionality