- Our Picks for the 6 Best Gaming Lapboards
- Things to Consider When Buying a Lapboard for Gaming
- Gaming Lap Desk vs. Gaming Lap Board
- Verdict: Which Gaming Lapboard is Best for You?
This post was last updated on: Saturday, March 1, 2020
It’s the age-old gaming dilemma: the desk or the couch? You know you should probably sit at the desk, but that big comfy couch is calling to you, and it’s so easy to hook your PC or gaming system up to your big screen TV. Good news! Gaming lapboards give you the perfect excuse to play right from your bed or couch. They’re also supremely portable devices if you plan on connecting your keyboard or mouse to a computer at a different location.
If you’re in a rush, these are the top 3 we found:
Gaming lapboards can help you change the way you game, and they don’t require you to buy another piece of furniture to keep you comfortable. It’s an affordable way to improve your overall gaming experience.
There is a broad range of custom options available on the market. Some lapboards allow you to keep your current keyboard and mouse, while others come custom-fitted with their own hardware. It’s easy to find one that’s suitable for your particular needs.
Our team has taken a close look at the best gaming lapboards currently available. We’ve prioritized features that help gamers get the most out of their systems. Let’s explore the top six options for 2019!
Our Picks for the 6 Best Gaming Lapboards
- Bring a true desktop caliber gaming experience to your living room with the K63 wireless mechanical gaming keyboard (sold separately) and a full-sized mouse pad
- Lightweight and portable for quick and Easy travel between rooms
- Memory foam cushion provides support while keeping the lapboard perfectly positioned on your lap
This popular wireless gaming lapboard is produced by Corsair, a prominent computer hardware company based in California. Corsair is known for producing high-end gaming keyboards and a host of other peripherals.
This product is built specifically for a Corsair K63 wireless keyboard. You can clip in the keyboard to ensure it doesn’t move while you’re gaming. Unlike some of the other options on our list, this keyboard must be purchased separately.
Coming in at just over four pounds, this is one of the lightest products on our list. If you’re looking for a portable product that’s easy to travel with, this is an excellent option.
The bottom of the unit has a memory foam cushion that contours to your legs and ensures you’re never uncomfortable. On the upward-facing side of the product, you’ll find a wrist rest and large mousepad that makes it easy to control your gaming interface.
For those who want a product that will stand the test of time, the Corsair K63 is a reliable option. You can even replace the mousepad if you’re going to update the lapboard in the future.
For those who don’t want to purchase Corsair’s keyboard, your personal keyboard must have the same measurements ask the K63 to be compatible with this product. In some ways, this isn’t a convenient option if you’re not willing to invest in its keyboard component.
- Product Dimensions: 26.4in x 10.9in x 2.1in
- Color: Black
- Weight: 4.09 lbs.
- Warranty: Keyboard (2 years); Mouse Mat (1 year)
- Popularity: This is one of the most popular models available on the internet. It has consistently positive reviews from users online.
- Ergonomically designed mechanical gaming lapboard specifically made for ultra-comfortable PC gaming on your couch
- Gaming keyboard included, featuring TTC mechanical switches (Sova MK) for near infinite keystroke durability. Advanced anti-ghosting with N-key rollover
- High accuracy composite material mousepad and mouse bungee brings you superior precision and hassle-free operation
Roccat is a German hardware design company that produces a range of high-end computer hardware. It was recently taken over by Turtle Beach. The company has an acute focus on functionality, which helps it build lapboards explicitly designed for the needs of gamers.
The Roccat Sova comes with a built-in keyboard with customizable backlighting options. You can change the backlighting on a per-key basis. Below the keyboard is a large wrist rest that provides ample surface area and comfort.
The minimalist design of this product is perfect for gamers who want a sleek device. It’s hard to find a better looking product on the market.
In addition to the wrist rest, the mouse mat’s surface area is huge. Users will benefit from the ability to move their mouse as freely as on a traditional desk. The composite material used to manufacture the mat also helps gamers increase the accuracy of their mouse movements.
The bottom has built-in cushions that quickly adapt the shape of your legs. This feature provides added comfort and stability for its users. Despite its capabilities, this product is only five pounds, making it an excellent option if you plan on taking your gaming on the road.
This is another product that’s great if you’re planning on making a long-term investment. Because you can replace the wrist rest and mousepad, you’ll never have to worry about wear-and-tear impacting the viability of the Roccat Sova.
- Product Dimensions: 11in x 25in x 1.8in
- Color: Black
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Popularity: This is another fan favorite in the gaming community. This product has particularly positive reviews, and it’s a widely used option.
- Ideal for Extended Gaming Sessions Keyboard and mouse lasts up to 43 and 50 hours respectively on a single charge w/ lighting disabled (11 and 30 hours w/ lighting enabled)
- Hassle-Free Wireless Connection Connects through a single unified 2 4 GHz wireless USB receiver
- Greater Gaming Immersion Colors sync up with gameplay through Xbox Dynamic Lighting
If you’re looking for a premium wireless experience, the Razer Turret Wireless is one of your best options. The product is manufactured by Razer, one of the world’s most popular gaming hardware and software providers.
This device includes everything you need to get started. Users will also receive a built-in keyboard and mouse. The hardware connects directly with your PC or console via a wireless USB port. Once fully charged, the Razer Turret Mechanical battery life will last approximately 43 hours.
The keyboard includes extensive backlighting that can be synchronized to match your own tastes. The mouse contains a 5G optical sensor. Its pad is magnetic and retractable, making this an excellent option if you’re looking for a portable product that reduces in size when not in use.
While the product comes fitted with a wrist wrest, it’s not nearly as large as some of the other competitors on this list. While this might not be an issue for some gamers, it’s critical to note that the Razer Turret Mechanical can feel a bit compact.
You can use this product with both PC and Xbox One. Unfortunately, this option doesn’t come cheap. While you can buy this product on Amazon, its starting price is over $200. The Razer Turret Mechanical version is built for serious gamers.
- Product Dimensions: 23.6in x 14.8in x 7.6in
- Color: Black (primarily)
- Weight: 6.05 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Popularity: While this product isn’t as widely used as some of the other options on our list, it still has excellent customer feedback from current users.
- the Razer Turret consists of a fully-fledged PC gaming keyboard with full anti-ghosting and a highly precise ambidextrous gaming mouse with a 3500 DPI sensor
- The Razer Turret comes with dual wireless connectivity, so whether you’re connected to your console via Bluetooth or to your PC via the wireless 2.4 GHz adaptor, you’ll be able to play without a...
- The Razer Turret’s ergonomic and slim form factor has been made to perfectly fit on your lap. The foldable hinge ensures that the keyboard will be unobtrusive and easily dockable when not in use
Razer also has another Turret model that is popular with gamers around the world. As one of the most prominent producers of gaming-specific computers and hardware, it’s no surprise that Razer has multiple options. This is the Gaming-Grade Mouse version of the product.
It comes with a built-in keyboard and 2500 DPI sensor-fitted gaming mouse. The mouse mat folds over when it’s time to stop gaming — you can then place the product in a charging dock. You’ll benefit from a battery life of approximately 40 hours.
The gaming mouse mat is magnetic. This means that you won’t have to worry about dropping or damaging your mouse — it automatically sticks to the surface of the pad.
One evident downside of this product is its lack of comfort-specific features. While it’s designed to fit comfortably on your lap,there’s no memory foam or cushions.
This product is designed for mobility. The foldable design means it reduces in size when you’re not using the keyboard. If you want a simple, sleek product that also benefits from high-end gaming hardware, it’s hard to see where you can go wrong with this product.
- Product Dimensions: 0.5in x 4.8in x 20.8in
- Color: Black
- Weight: 2.6 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Popularity: While this Razer product doesn’t have a perfect track record with consumers, it’s an extremely popular option. It’s one of the most commonly purchased products in the industry.
- MOBO CHAIR MOUNT ERGO KEYBOARD
The Mobo Chair Mount Ergo is unlike any other product on our list. Instead of sitting in your lap, this unique product attaches directly to the arms of your office chair. It brings your keyboard or laptop directly to you.
This is an excellent product if you want to avoid hunching over your desk when you game. While it doesn’t give you the same couch-to-bed-to-floor flexibility that you find with some of the other options on our list, it’s a great choice if you want to sit in your own gaming chair.
This model is for both keyboards and laptops. If you use a laptop to game, this is the only option on our list that helps you take your whole computer off your desk. Instead of hunching over your screen, you can sit upright when you’re playing your favorite games.
This product does not include a keyboard or mouse. It also doesn’t have any designated areas to attach or place your hardware. This might prove slightly annoying for gamers who want more stability.
- Product Dimensions: 23.2in x 13.2in x 4in
- Color: Black
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- Warranty: N/A
- Popularity: This is another widely used model. While it doesn’t have as much positive feedback as some other options on our list, it’s still a top performer.
- MAXIMUM CONNECTIVITY: 4 port USB-3.0 hub integrated!
- LAG-FREE: by 5m active USB-3.0 cable connection! Optimized for wired devices.
- TIDIED UP SYSTEM: with internal cable management!
The Couchmaster CYCON is built for gamers that want to take their lapboard to the next level. If you’re interested in a product that offers a range of features and premium comfort, it’s hard to go wrong with the CYCON.
It’s also an excellent system if you currently use wired peripheral devices. There is an internal space that helps you avoid wire issues and reduce cord-related clutter.
The Couchmaster CYCON consists of a gaming lapboard and two large memory foam cushions that support either side of the platform. Your arms rest on these cushions, which also lift the lapboard above your legs for ultimate comfort.
You’ll benefit from four USB 3.0 inputs that allow you to control your keyboard, mouse, and gaming headphones. It’s an excellent choice for Xbox One users. Gamers benefit from up to 32 feet of range without any lag increases.
Still, it’s essential to keep in mind that this product is much larger than the other options on this list. If you want to take advantage of the full benefits of this product, expect it to take up most of your couch or bed.
The Couchmaster CYCON doesn’t come with a mouse or keyboard — you’ll need to purchase this hardware separately.
- Product Dimensions: 33.5in x 8.7in x 23.6in
- Color: Black
- Weight: 9.26 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year
- Popularity: This unique product has proved extremely popular with customers. Because of its design, it’s one of the only models that offers such extensive functionality.
Things to Consider When Buying a Lapboard for Gaming
With so many excellent options available, it’s essential to choose the gaming lapboard that’s right for you. Consumers should consider several factors when deciding which option is most suitable for their needs.
The quality of the lapboard is one of the most critical elements to consider, especially if you’re using it for gaming. If you want reliable support, it’s crucial to choose a product that provides the same level of sturdiness as a desk.
Surface area is one of the most essential components of any gaming lapboard. You need enough space to comfortably fit your keyboard and mouse. It’s also essential to have enough space to provide your mouse with full range — you don’t want to lose any functionality.
This is particularly important if you’re purchasing a lapboard that doesn’t come with built-in hardware. Make sure to measure your keyboard for suitability.
If you’re purchasing any type of hardware, it’s vital to ensure that it comes with asubstantial warranty.Consumers should always avoid working with companies that don’t back their products with an extended warranty. All reliable products should offer at least one year of coverage.
You should also consider certain elements that aren’t included in the warranty. Some companies may attempt to exclude critical components of the product. This is another sign that there may be flaws with the product.
If you’re like most gamers, you spend a lot of time playing your favorite titles. It’s essential to stay as comfortable as possible if you want to avoid fatigue. You should look for a lapboard that’s made from comfortable materialsand designed to fit your lap.
One of the primary advantages of using a gaming lapboard is its mobility. If you want the ability to bring your keyboard and mouse anywhere, you’ll need a product that’s built to be on-the-go. Retractable or foldable components can go a long way in helping you stay mobile.
While portability is an excellent feature, some foldable or retractable elements may also mean that the product has the potential to break.
Slot for Tables/Cell Phones
Many of the top gaming lapboards come with separate spaces for cell phones, controls, and other devices. This is an excellent way to keep yourself organized and accessible when you’re gaming on your computer. Some options even have sturdy spaces to place drinks or food.
Ease of Use
While it’s hard to make lapboards too complicated, you should always ensure that it’s easy to use. If there are foldable or retractable components, they should be straightforward and easily manageable. The purpose of a lapboard is toenhance ease-of-use, not hamper it.
At the end of the day, price is king. If you want to purchase a lapboard for PC or Xbox gaming, it’s essential to make sure you can afford it in the first place. Determine a budget and then compare the different options available within your price range.
Prices can vary significantly depending on the manufacturer and the included features. While the brand that produces the product is important, it’s essential not to get dragged into overpaying.
Gaming Lap Desk vs. Gaming Lap Board
If you’re planning on purchasing a lapboard, you’ve probably also considered a gaming lap desk. Lap desks are another suitable option for users who want to avoid using a traditional desk for their PC or gaming console.
If you want a larger space for your keyboard or computer, a lap desk may be more convenient. Also, because there are more gaming desks on the market than lapboards, consumers benefit from a wider selection of gaming desks.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for something portable and less invasive, the lapboards on our list are much more suitable.
Verdict: Which Gaming Lapboard is Best for You?
If you’re ready to take your experience to the next level, it’s time to consider a lapboard. Gamers that use these handy tools can game from the comfort of their couches or beds.
If you choose an option that provides stability and ample surface area, you won’t need to sacrifice an ounce of your gaming capabilities. With so many premium options to choose from, you’ll never get hung up on where to sit again.