This post was last updated on: July 1, 2020
Are you looking for the best gaming desk on the market? If the sheer number of options out there overwhelm you in the slightest, don’t worry – you’re going to love our curated list of picks. We’ve researched hundreds of gaming desks and filtered everything down to only a handful of the best ones. We’ve also categorized each gaming desk to a specific need – for example if you have more than one monitor, or if you don’t have a lot of space for a huge desk.
The type of gaming desk you choose can have a surprising impact on your gaming experience. If you’ve been working on a cramped, tiny surface that you’ve had for years, buying a new desk specifically designed for gaming can be a delight.
Not only will you have more room on your gaming desk for monitors, you’ll also have more space around your mousepad. Plus, the gaming desk may help with cable management and have a place to hang your headset.
You’ll also be more comfortable, which will translate into a better gaming experience when playing video games. Who knows, it may even make you a better gamer! At the very least, a good gaming desk can help elevate not just your gaming setup, but how comfortable you are when gaming, too!
TL;DR these are the 19 best gaming desks on the market today:
- Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Gaming Desk
- Vitesse 55″ Gaming Desk
- Atlantic Eclipse Space Saver Gaming Desk
- Atlantic Gaming Original Gaming Desk Pro
- Mr Ironstone Gaming Desk
- Arozzi Pure Black Arena Gaming Desk
- Origami Multi-Purpose PC Gaming Desk
- Need Small Folding PC Gaming Desk
- ApexDesk Elite Series Standing Gaming Desk
- Seville Classics Airlift S2 Electric Standing Gaming Desk
- Z-Line Designs Series 1.2 Performance L Desk
- Walker Edison Soreno Modern 3-Piece
- Z-Line Belaire Glass Gaming Desk
- GreenForest L-Shaped Gaming Desk
- Monarch Specialties Computer Gaming Desk
- Ameriwood Home Dakota Desk with Shelves
- Monarch Specialties 7307 Computer Gaming Desk
- Tribesigns Modern Computer Gaming Desk
- Need PC Gaming Desk
TVGB's Best Overall Pick
Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S
Best Premium Large Desk
Arozzi Arena Gaming Desk
Best Standing Desk for Gaming
ApexDesk Elite Series Desk
Best Standing Desk for Gaming
ApexDesk Elite Series Desk
Picks for the Best Gaming Desk
When it comes to choosing the best gaming desk, you need to consider your specific needs. Some people don’t have the space to fit in a massive piece of furniture and prefer either compact or L-shaped desks. Others want as much desk surface area as possible with all the bells and whistles attached.
That’s why we’ve taken the time to review a large number of the best gaming desks, and placed them into specific categories. Each of the gaming desks we’ve selected is the best in its class and should provide you with years of excellent use for your specific gaming setup.
Overall Best Gaming Desk [Specifically for Gaming]
If you’re the type of person who refers to their desk as their “battle station,” you probably scoff at the idea of buying an ordinary, boring desk. Why would you settle for a desk that can be used in an office when you can have a product that caters to your specific gaming setup?
Do you want RGB lighting on your desk? Of course you do. Do you want the entire surface to be a mousepad? Do you want your desk to be your PC case? For a price, it can be.
Of course, gamers also have other needs when it comes to desk design, such as space and affordability. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best gaming desks on the market, guaranteed to suit a wide range of needs, all with a focus on gaming.
Best Gaming Desk for PC Play: Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S
Sale EUREKA ERGONOMIC Z1-S Gaming Desk 44.5" Z Shaped Office PC Computer Gaming Desk Gamer Tables Pro...
- ✔【LARGE GAMING SURFACE】 – This gaming desk has a sleek carbon fiber texture and the gaming surface has plenty of space for your gaming monitors, gaming keyboard, and other gaming gear. The...
- ✔【LED LIGHTING】 – The Z1-S Gaming Desk comes with LED lighting. Plug the LED Lighting into your Gaming PC or Laptop with a USB. The LED lighting glows with a cool blue light for a better...
- ✔【STABLE AND STURDY Z SHAPE DESIGN】 – We know how important your gaming gear is to you, that’s why we designed this gaming desk with a rock-solid Z-shape design. It looks cool and its very...
Eureka is a brand known for its gaming accessories, from gaming desks to chairs and CPU towers. All their products are ergonomically designed to give you support where you need it the most, ensuring that even the longest WoW raids won’t hurt your back or wrists.
We think the Z1-S is one of the best gaming desks out there. It is an excellent all-around gaming desk, featuring a lot of nifty little add-ons that gamers will appreciate. The gaming desk comes with LED lights that you can program from your PC, though unfortunately you’re limited to a cool blue color, which may clash with your RGB color scheme.
The desk comes with a holder for your cup to prevent accidental spills and a headphone hook to keep your headphones safe when you’re not using them. It even includes a controller stand and an extra-large, built-in mousepad.
However, we wouldn’t be recommending the Eureka Z1-S for cool features alone. The feature that makes it our top pick is the fact that it’s designed like a tank. The Z-shaped frame ensures that you have plenty of legroom while guaranteeing stability and sturdiness.
The entire frame is built from steel and CARB-2 compliant particle board, making it strong and resilient enough to handle anything you throw at it. There’s enough space for two monitors, and the cable management system will ensure that all your cables are neatly tucked away.
The final benefit of this desk is that it’s reasonably simple to put together. The instructions are all diagrammatic and clear enough to figure out. You should be able to have it up and running within 20 or 30 minutes.
- Ergonomic desk design
- Extremely sturdy
- Desk comes with a built in a mousepad
- Lots of gamer-centric features
- Some users may find it a bit small
- Height: 30.5″
- Length: 44.5″
- Width: 24.2″
- Materials: Steel frame and particleboard
- Warranty: three-year limited warranty, 30-day risk-free guarantee
Runner Up for the Best Gaming Desk: Vitesse 55″ Gaming Desk
Vitesse 44 inch Gaming Desk Racing Style Computer Desk with Free Mouse pad, T-Shaped Professional...
- [Wide Desktop]: 44.5”L×23.6”W desktop provides more space. The mouse pad covers the entire surface, so don’t have to worry about running out of surface space or your mouse and keyboard being...
- [Sturdy & Steady Construction]: Constructed via a premium density fiberboard and a coated steel frame. Ensuring stability whilst you game. You can put multiple monitors on here and a bunch of...
- [More Features]: The last thing you want is to spill MountainDew all over your expensive electronics, that’s why this desk comes with a cup holder. It’s an arm reach away and can fit small and...
This gaming desk comes with everything a gamer could ask for, including a cup holder, a USB gaming handle rack with four USB slots, and a hook for headphones. Vitesse also provides you with a free extra-large mousepad that covers the whole table to complete your gaming experience.
The surface is able to support plenty of monitors (or even speakers) with ease, and the T-shaped frame means that it is completely stable, even when playing the most intense video games. It’s made of high-quality coated steel and PVC-coated premium density fiberboard, making it durable and not a hassle to clean.
If you’re looking for a no-frills gaming desk that still has many of the conveniences you’d expect, the Vitesse is a great option. It’s extra-wide, which means you don’t have to squeeze your screen and keyboard in together. Its professional-quality construction is robust, and the unit is sure to last you a good, long while.
- High-quality materials
- Lots of space
- Lots of gamer-based accessories
- Table-wide mousepad
- Sturdy construction
- Doesn’t come with wireless charging station
- Height: 23.6″
- Length: 55.1″
- Width: 28.5″
- Materials: Steel and PVC-coated high-density particleboard
- Warranty: 120 days on all parts
Notable Mention #1: Atlantic Eclipse Space Saver Gaming Desk
Sale Atlantic Gaming Original Gaming Desk - Eclipse Space Saver, Controller & Headphone Storage, Speaker...
- MADE FOR GAMERS – Atlantic’s Space Saver Gaming Desk is specifically designed for all your gaming gear, so you can focus on that epic battle. Made with durable, powder-coated, black, cylindrical,...
- FEATURE RICH – this gaming computer desk includes speaker stands, under-desk basket for games, game controller stands, built-in wire-management slots, rear power strip holder, 32 ounce cup holder...
- MULTI-USE – Whether gaming, studying or surfing the net, this contemporary curved style that adds a touch of sleek sophistication to any home office, dorm room or bedroom.
The Atlantic Eclipse is designed with many of the same features found in the Gaming Desk Pro featured in our previous Atlantic gaming desk review. The main difference between the two is that the Eclipse is designed to be much more compact while still offering room for up to two monitors.
The Eclipse Space Saver is oval-shaped with a curved front, which allows you to reach more of the surface without having to stretch. It also has two speaker stands, a cup holder, controller hooks, headphone hook, and front storage tray.
The carbon fiber laminated top is great for gamers who tend to be really rough on their desktop surfaces. It’s resistant to spills and scratch damage, and if taken care of, it can look great for years, if not decades. The legs are made of wood instead of steel, giving the table a stylish, contemporary look.
The Atlantic Eclipse is the ideal choice if you like the aesthetic of Atlantic products but don’t have the area for the Gaming Desk Pro. The smart, ergonomic design means that it can fit in much smaller areas, but it won’t leave you feeling cramped and desperate for more surface area.
- Durable carbon fiber laminate top
- Robust design
- Plenty of space in a compact form
- No monitor stand
- Lack of customization due to drilling patterns
- Poor warranty
- Height: 29.75″
- Length: 23.5″
- Width: 47.6″
- Materials: Wood and carbon fiber laminated particleboard
- Warranty: Limited warranty to US and Canadian residents
Notable Mention #2: Atlantic Gaming Original Gaming Desk Pro
Sale Atlantic Gaming Original Gaming-Desk Pro - Curved-Front, 10 Games, Controller, Headphone & Speaker...
- MADE FOR GAMERS – Atlantic’s Gaming Desk Pro is specifically designed for all your gaming gear, so you can focus on that epic battle. Made with durable steel leg construction and sleek charcoal...
- FEATURE RICH – this gaming computer desk includes a charging stand for your tablet or smart phone, speaker stands which double as game storage, under-desk basket, controller stands, built-in...
- MONITOR & SMART PHONE STAND – 6 H x 7 W x 22 L inches elevated shelf supports up to 32 inch monitor. You can also charge your smart phone or tablet and have it comfortably at hand. These features...
The Atlantic Gaming Desk Pro is an excellent choice for gamers on a budget, offering a minimalist look that is still packed with a number of great features for gamers. It’s robust enough for most users and offers plenty of room for dual monitor setups.
The Atlantic Gaming Desk Pro is aimed at gamers who don’t want everything covered in LED lights and instead opt for a more minimalist design. It is lightweight and easy to transport, which is perfect if you’re someone who is frequently on the move.
Despite its minimalist design, it still comes with a number of welcome features that gamers will appreciate. There is a power strip that makes cable management a breeze, somewhere to hold your cup for the accident-prone, and a headphone holder on the side of the desk.
There are also DVD holders on both sides, which admittedly in this digital age feel a bit obsolete. However, it’s still storage, and you may be able to find a use for them, perhaps as speaker holders.
Another great feature is the mobile device holder that has a charger, which is perfect for charging your tablets and multi-tasking while you game. There’s also an under-the-desk basket, which you can use to store your snacks for those late-night gaming sessions.
Despite the lightweight design, it’s actually surprisingly sturdy thanks to the solid metal frame. The monitor frame can hold up to 44 pounds of weight, while the desk itself can support much more.
Overall, this is a great option for gamers who don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a computer table. It has a good number of features to make it easier to organize your battle station and is sturdy enough to support whatever monitor you may have.
- Tons of gamer-centric features
- Lightweight yet sturdy design
- Carbon-laminated top
- Some aesthetic decisions seem dated
- Minimalist design may not appeal to all gamers
- Height: 29.75″
- Length: 29.13″
- Width: 52.5″
- Material: Steel and carbon fiber laminated particleboard
- Warranty: Limited warranty to US and Canadian residents
Best Budget Desk for Gaming: Mr Ironstone Gaming Desk
Sale Mr IRONSTONE Gaming Desk 45.3" W x 29" D Home Office Computer Table, Black Gamer Workstation with...
- ✔LARGE GAMING SURFACE(45.3"Wx29"D): Mr IRONSTONE Gaming Desk is specifically designed for all your gaming gear. 45.3” W*29” D desktop, the large mdf pvc laminated surface provides massive space...
- ✔CONVENIENT DESIGN FOR GAMER & MULTI-PURPOSE: the table comes with a cup holder and a headphone hook. These added features help you have a better gaming experience. It's not only a gaming desk, also...
- ✔STABLE & ROCK SOLID R-FRAME CONSTRUCTION: constructed by high quality mdf pvc laminated top and durable metal frame legs, the gaming desk can bear large weight , even up to 110lbs. “R” style...
If you’re looking for the best gaming computer desk that has a bit of bling but is still relatively affordable, this may be the one for you. The solid finish, large gaming space, and gamer-centric features make this an appealing choice for the budget-conscious gamer.
The Mr. Ironstone PC gaming desk features both a cup-holder and headphone holder which can be put on either side of the desk, depending on your preference. The R-shaped design, which is further supported by the steel legs and MDF table-top, makes the desk surface incredibly stable.
The desk is large enough to support two monitors with ease while still giving you room on the side for your peripherals. The laminated top is easy to clean and waterproof, and the entire package is easy to assemble.
- High-quality material used in the robust design
- Large workspace, perfect for multiple-monitor setups
- Doesn’t have all the cool gaming accessories
- Height: 30.5 inches
- Length: 29 inches
- Width: 45.3 inches
- Material: Steel and laminated MDF
- Warranty: One-year warranty
Best Large Gaming Desk: Arozzi Pure Black Arena Gaming Desk
Arozzi Arena Gaming Desk, Pure Black
- The 160cm/5' 3 Inches width allows for three large monitors to envelop you in the game environment
- The 80 cm/2' 7 ½ Inches depth gives you a huge field of play for your mouse, keyboard or other devices
- Design of the custom mouse pad which has a microfiber cloth surface which is water-resistant. 3 Cut outs for cable management and monitor attachment
If you’re looking for the best gaming computer desk with a ton of space, the Arozzi Arena desk is one of the best options out there. If you love to spread out without worrying about clutter, this desk is perfect for you.
If you’ve read our previous Arozzi gaming desk review, you’ll know we love the brand. One of the reasons is that the minimalist design of the Arozzi Arena hides a number of wonderful features that many gamers will appreciate.
The mouse pad covers the entirety of the 14 square feet of the desktop area and is water-resistant and machine-washable. It sticks to the tabletop, so you don’t have to worry about slippage.
The desk is also slightly height adjustable, which is great for people who find that normal models are just a smidge too low. The stabilizing bar and weight of this desk mean that you won’t ever notice any wobbliness, even if you attach a force-feedback steering wheel.
It also features a nifty cable management system with two routed cable holes, which ensures that your gaming surface stays as uncluttered as possible. The huge size of the Arozzi Arena means that you can fit up to three monitors with ease.
If you’re looking for a no-frills gaming desk that prioritizes size and comfort, then this should be high on your list. While it may not have some of the goodies featured on other models, it makes up for it in build quality, brand name, and sheer immensity.
- Mouse-pad surface which is cleanable
- Lots of colors to choose from
- Assembly is easy
- Height: 32.2″
- Length: 31″
- Width: 63″
- Material: Steel
Best Compact Gaming Desk for Small Spaces
While we all wish we lived in mansions filled with jelly-bean pools, the unfortunate truth is that a lot of gamers don’t have as much room as they’d like. This is where compact gaming desks come in. They’re small enough to hold the basics and can fit into nearly any area that can hold a monitor.
Compact desks tend to be a trade-off between space and stability. Many compact models are foldable, which means that, unfortunately, they’re not as sturdy as some of the others we’ve reviewed.
Luckily, there are some reasonably solid compact products that are functional, stylish, and reliable enough for daily use. If space is your number-one concern, then the following section on the best gaming desks for small spaces is going to help you a ton.
Best Compact Desk for Gaming: Origami Multi-Purpose Computer Desk
As the name would suggest, Origami makes foldable desks. While you may be imagining a cramped, tiny table that’s wobbly and unstable, nothing could be further from the truth. Origami has taken the concept of folding gaming desks to another level completely. This desk is one of the best if you need to save some serious space.
First off, it comes with a really nifty feature for gamers. There’s a raised platform on the bottom where you can stow your console or PC to keep it away from dust, grime, and the occasional flood. When empty, it’s also a comfortable place to put your feet.
Secondly, you get a huge amount of room. The Origami boasts over 7 square feet of usable desktop space when unfolded, which is more than enough for a basic PC setup and can even be enough for a wide-screen TV.
The Origami folding desk is the ideal compromise between functionality and space. It unfolds in 40 seconds or less, which means that it’s an ideal temporary setup when you have geeky friends come over to visit. It’s also surprisingly sturdy, with dual locks ensuring that top stays firmly in place.
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Large amount of surface space
- Can handle up to 100 lbs. of weight
- Surface isn’t very durable and can show liquid damage and scratches
- Relatively expensive for a folding model
- Height: 29.9″
- Length: 47.2″
- Width: 23.6″
- Material: Steel and particleboard
- Warranty: One year
Runner Up for Small Gaming Desk: Need Small Computer Desk Folding Table
Sale Writing Computer Desk Modern Simple Study Desk Industrial Style Folding Laptop Table for Home Office...
- Best Gift Choice - No Assembly Computer Desk:Only 1 step, just open the black frame and snap the desktop on it, then the installation is complete.
- Computer Writing Desk-- FOLDING AND PORTABLE :When not in use can be folded in the corner, save space; Also convenient to carry when going out for a picnic.
- Computer Writing Desk-- APPLICABLE ROOM AND FUNCTION :Suitable for study, bedroom, living room, kitchen, children's room, office.Can be a computer desk, learning tables, game tables, picnic...
If all you’re looking for is plenty of space to put your laptop and mouse, the Need folding table has you covered. Its small and compact design means that you can fit it in anywhere, even if you live in the tiniest studio apartment.
This desk is perfect for people who move often since it can even fit in the trunk of your car. It only weighs 18 pounds and can be carried in one hand. It also doesn’t require any assembly, so you can just unfold it and start using it.
Despite being small, the Need is also very sturdy. It uses specially-designed springs in the legs to ensure the tabletop remains stable no matter what. While it can’t hold, for example, a full aquarium, it should be more than strong enough to hold your laptop or even a PC monitor and peripherals.
An added benefit of the ergonomic design is that the Need has a ton of legroom, so you don’t feel cramped when using it. If you’re looking for an affordable, sturdy little table, the Need has all your needs covered.
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Doesn’t require any assembly
- Leg springs ensure the desk is stable and rock-solid
- Portable and light
- Can’t handle more than 80 lbs. of weight
- Height: 29.2″
- Length: 31.5″
- Width: 15.75″
- Material: Steel and particleboard
Standing and Height Adjustable Gaming Desks
There has been a recent trend towards standing desks, where instead of sitting at your PC you’re on your feet. The main reason why this trend has become so popular is that there’s been recent research showing that sitting for long periods of time can impact your health.
While standing gaming desks won’t help you lose weight, they do have other health benefits, including improved cardiovascular health and a reduction in shoulder and back pain. They also help alleviate some of the negative health impacts of prolonged sitting, such as colon and breast cancer.
All of these factors sound like great reasons to switch to a standing station immediately, but the truth is that switching over from full-time sitting to full-time standing is also risky. The Harvard Health Blog suggests easing into the practice by using desks that can be adapted for either position.
Also, they may be good for your health many people struggle with fine motor control when using them. Ultimately you have to decide whether your health is worth a reduction in your APM and your ability to headshot the opposition.
When we reviewed these products, we tried to look at models that are adjustable so that you can have the benefits of both worlds. We also took into account stability, build quality, and price in order to help you find the best gaming desks that are height adjustable for your needs.
Best Standing Desk for Gaming: ApexDesk Elite Series Desk
ApexDesk Elite Series 60" W Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk (Memory Controller, 60" Black...
- Elegant and spacious work space – 60” x 28” x 1” contoured desktop provides ample room for a variety of office tasks. Narrowest mid-section measures 26. 5” deep, caving in to allow users to...
- ELECTRIC HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE LIFT SYSTEM – With a fast speed of 1. 5” per second, this quick and quiet dual-motor lift system allows desk to move anywhere between 29” to 48” (with top).
- Solid CONSTRUCTION – the one-piece Industrial-grade Steel frame combined with a solid MDF desktop enables desk to support up to 225 lbs. To accommodate your ideal workspace setup.
The ApexDesk Elite is a great option if you’re looking to transition to standing desks. Not only does it look great, but it’s also designed to be as easy to use as possible, with a motor that adjusts the desk’s height in seconds.
The desk transitions between sitting and standing with the push of a button, and you can adjust the height of both positions. The LED display shows the current height, and you can even use the unit’s memory function to set up to six heights automatically.
It’s constructed from high-quality material, including a heavy-duty motorized steel frame that has an integrated motor capable of lifting 225 pounds with no issues. The tabletop is made from high-quality MDF with an anti-scratch, high-pressure laminate that is designed to last for up to 10 years.
Thanks to the high-quality build, the ApexDesk Elite feels as solid as a rock. It feels well-constructed and robust, and you shouldn’t ever worry about it wobbling or rocking. It’s also large enough to accommodate at least two monitors and all your essential peripherals.
The main drawback of adjustable gaming desks is their high price, and unfortunately, this applies to the ApexDesk Elite as well. However, the high-quality build and thoughtful details make this an excellent purchase if you’re looking for a standing gaming desk and are willing to pay the premium to get an adjustable model.
- Heavy-duty motor can lift up to 225 lbs. in seconds
- Height adjustable desk
- Stylish design
- High-quality material
- Heavy and not very portable
- Height: 60″
- Length: 30″
- Width: 48″
- Material: Steel and MDF
- Warranty: two years on the motor, five years on the frame
Runner Up (That White Gaming Desk): Seville Classics Airlift S2 Electric Desk
Seville Classics Airlift S2 54" Solid-Top Electric Height Adjustable Desk, Dual Motors, 4 Memory...
- QUIET DUAL MOTORS - Rise higher and go lower with the AIRLIFT S3! Elevate to 51.4 inches high and descend as low as 25.6 inches at a quick and quiet 1.5 inches per second
- ERGONOMIC 54" X 30" WORKSPACE - Curved side helps users reach more of the desk top without stretching for a more productive experience. CARB Phase 2 complaint for safe use in homes and businesses....
- LED DISPLAY HEIGHT CONTROLLER - Features 4 memory settings and blue LED height display for easy, consistent adjustment throughout the day. Add functionality and high-end style to your workspace
The Seville Airlift is predominantly designed for office use, but it still offers a great introduction to the world of standing desks. This is a height adjustable desk that is perfect for most people, ranging from 25.6″ to 51.8″ when fully raised.
The desk itself is ergonomically designed to give users access to more of their surface area without having to reach out. This is great for gamers looking to keep their Mountain Dew away from their keyboards but still within easy reach. The tabletop is made from MDF with only white laminate available.
The Seville Airlift desk uses two motors, one in each leg, to easily lift the top. The motors are pretty powerful and are able to lift up to 264 pounds at 1.5″/second, so feel free to pile on as many monitors as you need. There are even four memory settings to ensure the surface is always at the perfect height.
Despite coming with plenty of high-tech goodies, the Airlift is actually surprisingly easy to assemble. The legs with motors come pre-assembled, so all you need to do is screw on the top, which can be done in a couple of minutes, though you’ll need a friend to assist you.
Overall, the Seville Airlift is a good introductory standing gaming desk. It’s more affordable than the ApexDesk, but the overall finish does feel a bit less solid. The dual motors ensure that you achieve your desired height in seconds, and the large surface area means you can have your gaming setup exactly how you like it.
- Ergonomic design
- Height adjustable desk
- Control panel with four memory settings
- High-quality material
- Easy to assemble
- Less sturdy finish, might wobble a bit
- No alternative style options / Simple color options
- Height: 54″
- Length: 30″
- Width: 48.4″
- Material: Steel and MDF
- Warranty: two years on the motor
L-Shaped and Corner
L-shaped and U-shaped desks are excellent ways to get as much usable area as possible. An L shaped desk will fit snugly into a corner, giving you a sense of privacy while still providing you with tons of real estate.
Since an L shaped desk consist of two units perpendicular to each other, you’ll quickly notice that you have double the area that you have with an ordinary desk, but with all of your items still within easy reach. Essentially, L-shaped desks save floor area while providing you with tons of surface area.
When you’re looking at the best L shaped gaming desks, you need to consider what size you want, as well as whether there are any extra features you crave. Some L-shaped desks come with shelves and extra storage, while others are minimalist and come with nothing other than legs and a top.
When you start shopping around for your ideal desk, keep in mind the size you want and the material the product is made of in addition to the storage features. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite L-shaped desks that will meet every gamer’s needs.
Best Overall L Shaped Desk: Z-Line Designs Series 1.2 Performance L Desk
There are many office-oriented L-shaped desks on the market, but it can be quite tricky to find something that keeps gaming in mind. The Z-Line Designs ZLD Performance Gaming Desk is your best pick for an L shaped desk if you’re a serious gamer.
Not only does the surface have tons of room it also has an attractive modern design and tons of features that any gamer will appreciate. It has a built-in dual-outlet USB-charging station, perfect for keeping your controllers powered, as well as a headphone and accessory hook.
There is also a very nifty wireless device charging pad and oversized integrated mousepad, both of which make life so much more convenient. Just in case you were worried that this desk was “gamer” enough, you have a multi-colored LED lighting accent with remote control.
The entire desk is constructed from graphite-powder coated metal, making it incredibly strong and resilient. You can put plenty of monitors on the dedicated monitor shelf with no fuss, as the cable management system on this desk is amazing.
Overall, we love everything about the Z-Line Designs ZLD Performance Gaming Desk. From the looks to all the little touches, this is the perfect addition to any gamer’s battle-room. To top it off, it’s easy to assemble as well.
- Sturdy steel design
- Plenty of useful accessories
- Excellent cable management system
- Easy to assemble
- Enough space for everything you could possibly need
- Relatively expensive
- Very heavy due to the materials used and size of the desk
- Often out of stock
- Height: 36″
- Length: 54″
- Width: 54″
- Material: Steel
Best Minimalist Corner Desk: Walker Edison Soreno Modern 3-Piece
If you’re just looking for a place to put your gaming rig and several monitors, then this is the model for you. It is constructed from steel and glass and has a modern, stylish look that can fit in with almost any style.
This corner desk is designed with PCs in mind. It has a nifty autonomous CPU stand that protects your PC case from dust and allows for more efficient cooling. There’s also a keyboard tray that you can attach to either side, which frees up extra surface area, making it one of the best corner gaming desks available.
The Walker Edison Soreno comes with a corner unit as well, which is the perfect place to store your snacks and drinks while you have a marathon gaming session. The desk is large enough to accommodate one large monitor, but due to the L-shape, you can fit a second monitor either in the corner or on the second unit.
The best thing about the Walker Edison Soreno is the stylish tempered glass finish and powdered steel frame. Sure, you’ll need a mousepad in order to get any sort of usability from your mouse, but the entire design is cool as heck and a great addition to any gaming room.
It’s also really easy to assemble, and since all the pieces are detachable, you can mix and match the configuration to meet your particular needs. You can easily split the desks into two separate units or combine them for maximum space.
- Easy to assemble
- Glass design is stylish and trendy
- Movable PC case stand and sliding keyboard tray
- Tempered glass isn’t really suitable for mouse use
- No extra storage
- Height: 29 inches
- Length: 51 inches for the full desk
- Width: 20 inches
- Material: Metal and tempered glass
- Warranty: 90-day warranty
Best L-Shaped Glass Gaming Desk: Z-Line Belaire
Glass and metal are a timeless combination, and the Z-Line Belaire L shaped desk is a great addition to any home where minimalism is the trend. Unlike other desks that are designed to be multi-purpose office models, this one is specifically designed for PC use.
Not only does it have a keyboard tray, but it also has a raised monitor shelf. This is perfect if you’ve got a one-monitor setup and you just want extra storage space for other stuff. The surface is also spacious enough that you can fit in two monitors side by side, albeit very snugly.
The tempered glass finish means that the desk is durable and resilient as well as nice to look at. The monitor shelf is rated for 50 pounds of weight, while the individual pieces can handle 120 pounds each. The reinforced steel construction ensures the whole structure stays stable at all times.
The main drawback of this desk is the lack of cable management options, meaning that you’ll have to be creative to ensure your gaming surface remains cable-free. Also, glass is a nightmare to keep clean, and you’ll quickly notice the appearance of fingerprints, dust, and grease.
- Easy to assemble
- Clear glass means you can go wild with your PC’s RGB lighting
- Solid construction and reinforced steel mean extra durability
- Modular assembly
- Keyboard tray and monitor stand for extra space
- Glass makes hiding cables impossible
- Glass surface gets dirty very quickly
- No cable management system
- Height: 24″
- Length: 60″
- Width: 37″
- Materials: Metal and tempered glass
- Warranty: Limited one-year warranty
Notable Mention: GreenForest L-Shaped Gaming Desk
Sale GreenForest L-Shaped Corner Desk Computer Gaming Desk PC Table,Home Office Writing Workstation...
- L-shaped gaming desk is made out of Eco-friendly P2 particle board ,which is moisture-proof and scratch-resistant ,the appearance and functionality are classy and efficient in home/office
- L shaped gaming desk in 3 piece,easy switch the two sides as your habit,which take full advantage of space and save space fits nicely into a room without taking up a ton of space
- L desk for school in very sturdy frame that is designed in an edgy architectural look to support all your office essentials,no serious shaking or movement, very stable and secure
The GreenForest L shaped desk has a great modern design and is made with environmentally-friendly materials. What makes the GreenForest desk notable is that you can also combine two of them to create a U-shaped desk, which will give you so much storage space you won’t even need bookshelves.
A single desk has enough area for a monitor and all your gaming peripherals, and it’s strong enough to hold two monitors on a stand with ease. With the modular design, you can adjust the desks in any configuration that best meets your needs.
Both the long and short models are made with robustness and durability in mind, and they can easily take the weight of two large monitors. There are also adjustable foot cups to help ensure that the structure remains stable on any type of floor.
- Modular design
- Easy to assemble
- Laminated particleboard prone to water damage and scratches
- Height: 19.1″
- Length: 58.1″ for the full desk
- Width: 29.1″
- Materials: Metal and particleboard
- Warranty: one-year warranty, 60-day no-questions-asked refund
Best L-Shaped Gaming Desk with Storage: Monarch Specialties Computer Desk
Having storage attached to your desk can be a really convenient feature, especially if you’re the type of gamer who accumulates stuff around you. The more stuff you can hide away in drawers, the more room you have to swing your mouse around and the better your gaming performance.
The Monarch Specialties L shaped desk is excellent for all types of office use. While it isn’t specifically aimed at gaming aficionados, it does have a number of features any gamer will appreciate. The desk pieces are modular and the side shelf can be put on either side. Extra storage space is always appreciated!
The Monarch is also big enough to accommodate at least two monitors, and because it’s made of wood, you can top it with the biggest monitor you can find. However, the one L-shaped panel is lowered and is more suitable for storage than for an extra monitor, unfortunately.
Unlike many other gaming desks we’ve reviewed, this one is made entirely of hollow-core wood with no extra metal parts. This means that once you put it down, you won’t be moving it in a hurry. It’s great for people who love their force-feedback racing wheels, since it won’t budge an inch.
Of course, this does mean that assembly is a bit of a pain, and if you’ve got noodle arms you may want to enlist the help of a friend. It does also mean that this is a desk that can take a ton of punishment and will probably be with you for a long, long time.
- Desk comes with tons of storage space
- Roomy enough for two monitors
- Robust construction
- Tricky to assemble
- Height: 29″
- Length: 60″
- Width: 47″
- Materials: Wood
- Warranty: Three-year warranty
L-Shaped Gaming Desk with Storage Runner Up: Ameriwood Home Dakota with Shelves
Sale Dakota L-Shaped Desk with Bookshelves, Espresso
- Maximize your home office space with the Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk
- Constructed of laminated particleboard and MDF with an espresso finish
- This Desk fits perfectly in a corner or up against any wall and features a large top surface, extra side storage and grommet holes to keep your cords tangle free
The Ameriwood Dakota gaming desk offers a lot more real estate than the Monarch Specialties one, but it does have significantly less storage. Which one you ultimately decide on will depend heavily on the number of shelves you want.
The Ameriwood L shaped desk offers plenty of tabletop surface in addition to two open shelves, which make for convenient storage right by your chair. Also, it has specially designed grommet holes for your cables, which makes cable management nice and simple.
The surface is made of laminated particle-board, making it one of the most affordable L-shape gaming desks you can buy. Despite this, the build quality is good and the unit feels well-constructed. The great thing about the particleboard is that you can get it in a wide array of colors, from espresso to white.
If you’re looking for a quality L-shape desk that has some storage space, this is a good option. It’s affordable, has some PC-friendly additions, and features plenty of room for all your gaming gear. It also looks good and comes in a wide variety of colors, so you’ll be sure to match it to the rest of your room.
- Shelves add a good amount of storage space
- Grommets make cable management easy
- Laminate is subject to scratches and liquid damage
- Has a slight wobble to it
- Height: 28.5″
- Length: 53.625″
- Width: 51.31″
- Materials: Laminate particleboard
- Warranty: One-year limited warranty
Sale Monarch Specialties Computer Desk Left or Right Facing White / Cement-Look 70"L
- CONTEMPORARY DESIGN: Sleek and contemporary, this glossy white and cement-look L shaped desk is the perfect combination of function, durability and design in a modern form
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Featuring an extra-long, thick panel cement-look work surface and durable U-shaped metal legs. The silver metal frame offers ample leg room so you can stretch out and work...
- AMPLE WORK SURFACE: Ample surface space with its 71-inch length; plenty of space for laptop, printer, writing material and other accessories including your coffee
If you’re someone who wants to have as much space as possible, this is the gaming desk for you. Thanks to the L-shape design, you’ll have plenty of room while still ensuring that everything you need is within reach. It also has two large drawers and a file drawer, just in case you need even more storage.
The extra-long L-shape is long enough to fit several monitors, while the construction is robust enough to handle as much weight as you want to put on it. The drawers are also modular and can be attached to any edge, allowing you to customize your area even more.
The main drawback is that the instructions are poorly written, and you’ll need to have your thinking cap on if you’re planning to assemble it on your own. Be sure to pair up with a friend before you tackle the assembly; otherwise, you’ll spend the next couple of hours among millions of screws and drawer pieces.
- Looks great
- Desk comes with tons of space
- Sturdy legs and solid construction
- Difficult to assemble, even for IKEA veterans
- Laminate top susceptible to water damage
Best Basic Gaming Desk
Basic desks are the ideal choice for people who either hate the RBG gaming aesthetic or who want to use the surface for gaming and other things as well. They’re generally large enough to accommodate multiple screens along with all your peripherals and have plenty of legroom to boot.
While you may think that choosing a basic desk is, well… basic, it can actually be quite difficult to find one that’s built to last. Many basic gaming desks are poorly made, will wobble when you look at them funny, and will start to wear down the instant you use them.
Luckily for you, we’ve hunted down some of the best cheap gaming desks that are still high-quality products. They may be simple, but they’re solid pieces of equipment that are easy to assemble and stable as a rock.
Best Gaming Computer Desk, Basic: Tribesigns Modern Computer Desk
Tribesigns Modern Computer Desk, 63 inch Large Office Desk Computer Table Study Writing Desk for...
- [MODERN SIMPLE DESK COMPUTER TABLE OFFICE DESKS ]- with metal legs and adjustable leg pads, made the desks keep stable even on uneven floor
- [WIDEN DESKTOP & SPACIOUS LEG ROOM ]- 23.6" wide, provide ample space for computer, monitor, printer , writing, study and other home office activities, the underneath leg distance is 58.26" you can...
- [SUPER STURDY ] – heavy duty powder coated steel frame and triangular junction design ensure stability and durability, 1.57" by 1.57 "width strong enough to support heavy duty parcels, can bear up...
If you have restricted space or you just want something minimal, the Tribesigns gaming desk is a great option. It’s big enough to hold a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers but doesn’t offer any extra amenities. It’s perfect as an uncluttered, basic model that does exactly what you need.
What sets this table apart from many others is its stability and solidity. When you’re gaming, you want to have a surface that feels rock-solid, with no shaking or rocking. The Tribesigns desk has a stainless-steel frame and has a cross-brace to reinforce the structure. It also has adjustable feet for extra stability.
The top of the table is made of particle-board, which is solid and light. The veneer is resistant to both water damage and scratches, and you can choose from a number of laminate designs, giving you plenty of style options to fit the rest of your gaming space.
Another really appealing feature of this desk is the fact that it’s easy to assemble. It comes with clear instructions and everything you need to put it together in 15 minutes or less.
If you’re looking for a stylish, space-saving minimalist PC gaming desk, this is a great choice. It’s affordable, and thanks to multiple style options, you can rest assured that it will fit in with the rest of the room.
- Steel frame adds strength and stability
- Easy assembly
- Height: 29.2″
- Length: 55″
- Width: 23.6″
- Materials: Steel and particleboard
- Warranty: 18 months
Runner-Up: Need Computer and Writing Gaming Desk
Need Computer Desk 63 inches Gaming Desk Writing Desk with BIFMA Certification Workstation Office...
- 【24-Hour Immediate reply】If there are any problems about the product, please contact us directly, we will reply and offer a solution in 24 hours.
- 【Large Size】Overall Size: L63" x W23.7" x H29.5", large desk provides ample space for working, i.e. computers, printers and other devices.
- 【Firm Material】Panel is made of environmental E1 standard wood, it's waterproof and has an anti-scratch surface; easy to clean.
The Need’s main claim to fame is its sturdiness. It’s a basic desk that has passed its BIFMA certification with flying colors. It’s the perfect solution for people who require capacity enough for two displays but don’t desire any unnecessary extras.
The Need isn’t designed for gamers specifically but is rather aimed at any type of home office, study, or room. This means that it doesn’t have many of the features that high-end gaming desks have, but what it lacks in goodies, it makes up for in reliability.
It can carry up to 330 pounds of computer hardware on its top, which is more than you’ll ever need to place on it. The thicker metal frame ensures that the surface is stable, and the adjustable feet ensure that uneven floors aren’t a problem.
The surface is made from E1 standard particle wood, which is environmentally-friendly and sustainable. You can choose from a number of veneers, from solid black to teak to white. However, the veneers aren’t very durable and can be susceptible to water and scratch damage.
It’s a simple unit to install and comes with all the necessary tools. The manual is very clear, and the assembly is expected to take 5-10 minutes.
Overall, the Need is a good alternative as our favorite basic desk. It’s affordable and looks very stylish. It’s also incredibly robust, though some people may find the particle wood top a bit too fragile for heavy use.
- Simple assembly
- BIFMA certification ensures that it is made to the highest standards
- Very stable
- Surface is susceptible to water and scratch damage
- No hole for cables
- Height: 29.2″
- Length: 67″
- Width: 23.6″
- Materials: Steel and particleboard
FAQ: Buying a Gaming Desk
Why Should You Buy a Gaming Desk?
Most gaming enthusiasts spend a ton of time at their desks, whether they’re gaming on consoles or PC. In order to have the best gaming experience possible, you need to have a desk that addresses your specific needs. If you’re a gamer, you are more likely to appreciate some of the add-ons that come with dedicated gaming desks.
That’s not to say that you should only be looking at the absolute best gaming desks. While it’s always worthwhile to check out brands like DXRacer and Arozzi, there are plenty of normal, boring office desks that can work just fine.
However, if you’ve spent days enhancing your PC with liquid cooling, RBG lighting, and custom mechanical keycaps, you probably want something a bit more special. The best gaming desk options take into account many of the common issues that gamers have with traditional desks and fix them.
That’s why gaming desks tend to have nifty goodies like cable management systems, room for your speakers and monitor, a cup holder, and headphone hooks. These aren’t necessary, but they add a nice, deluxe touch.
Ultimately, the type you choose will reflect the type of gamer you are. If you’re incredibly serious about gaming, you’re much more likely to appreciate the comfort and user-friendliness of a dedicated gaming desk.
What Should You Look for in a Gaming Desk?
There is no single flawless desk that will be perfect for everybody. The desk that is best for you will depend a lot on your situation and needs. When you start doing your research, begin by making a list of criteria that your desk should meet to elevate your gaming setup.
Available Space and Surface Area of the Desk
Size refers to both the size of your living area and the size of the desk that you need. Some players love to spread out as much as possible when playing games, while others are content with a small table for their 19″ laptops.
If you’ve got a small living area, you should either opt for a compact desk if you don’t need a lot of desk real estate or an L-shaped or corner desk design if you tend to spread out during your gaming sessions. The worst thing you can do is buy something that’s giant and expensive only to find out that it’s too big for the space that you live in.
There’s nothing worse than having a desk that wobbles or leans to one side. Instability can have a serious impact on your gaming performance. If you’re relying on precise movements, then having your desk suddenly shift to one side can disrupt you while you’re playing video games, so be sure to pick a desk that is stable and solid.
Maximum Weight Load
Some people have huge gaming setups that can weigh dozens, if not hundreds, of pounds. If you’ve got a mammoth TV as your monitor, you’ll need a desk that is able to handle that weight. Most reputable manufacturers will list the maximum weight that their product can handle.
Weigh up all your equipment that you expect to load onto your desk, and add a couple of extra pounds just in case. That is your expected weight, which will then allow you to shop for desks that are made to support that.
If you’re the type of person that plays on a single 24″ monitor or on your laptop, these weight restrictions won’t really matter to you. However, it might still be a good idea to buy a sturdy desk that can take a lot of weight, just in case you decide to upgrade your rig at some point in the future.
A well-organized desk is a great asset to a gamer since it gives you the space you need to game effectively. Many of the desks on this list include organization options such as drawers, shelves for storage, and cable management systems that allow you to minimize your clutter. We personally dislike it when cables are visible and are hanging all over the place.
Many desks, especially new ones, tend to be made of either MDF or particleboard. If you’ve got horrific memories of paper-thin fake laminate desks, don’t worry – technology has come a long way since then. MDF especially has become much higher quality; it’s a robust and durable material that’s also relatively lightweight.
Be prepared to pay a hefty premium if you end up looking at gaming desks that use higher-quality materials like glass, wood, or aluminum.
Ideally, you want to make sure the desk comes with at least a one-year warranty. Longer-term warranties tend to come along with higher-quality products, as the manufacturers are sure of the quality of their products.
Also be careful as some warranties are limited, meaning that they’ll only replace or refund the product if a specific issue arises. Be sure to always read the fine print before committing to a particular desk.
Ease of Construction
No matter how many hours you’ve spent building palaces in Minecraft, the reality of assembling a desk can be very different. In general, the more basic it is, the simpler the assembly. Some larger gaming desks will even need two people to work together to assemble it.
Always be sure to read the reviews of the gaming desk you’re interested in to see whether it’s a nightmare to construct or the average user can assemble it blindfolded. We’ve highlighted the ones that are easy to put together to help you here.
You want your desk to fit in with the rest of your decor. A large, ornate piece of furniture isn’t going to look very good if you’ve got lighting everywhere, but it can look good if you’ve got a minimalist setup. There are many desk styles available, and you’re sure to find one that suits you.
What Size Should a Gaming Desk Be?
While we’ve covered the surface area of your desk, we haven’t actually talked about height. The height can affect your posture and your overall health, so it’s an important factor to consider.
It’s not rocket science: taller people need taller desks so that they don’t bump their knees on the bottom of the table. Shorter people need to consider lower desks so that they’re not constantly straining upwards.
You might also consider a standing desk, many options of which allow for height adjustment. This can provide you with both the performance benefits of sitting and the health benefits that come from standing upright.
Then, if you’re gaming on a laptop, you might want to check out our article covering options for the best lap desks and lap boards.
What Gaming Desk do Pro Gamers Use?
There are a number of brands that pro-gamers use, including Arozzi, Evodesk, and DXRacer. Check out our DXRacer gaming desk review to find out more.
Finding the Best Computer Desk for Gaming
Choosing a gaming computer desk is as personal as choosing your gaming chair. Luckily, there are many great desks out there that will fit most gamers’ needs. As long as you do a bit of research, you’re sure to find the best one for you to elevate your gaming experience.
We hope this list saved you some time and money, and happy gaming!